Round-up of my serverless articles from May
Quick question: Do you know any early-stage tech startups who: 1) Have seed funding AND 2) Are NOT using a serverless architecture for their product? If so, I’m doing a little research & would love to ask their CTO a few questions on their architecture. I’d really appreciate any introductions you could make to me. 🙏
Now onto today’s email…
I’ve published several daily emails on serverless over the past month. Here’s a selection of these which sparked some interest/discussion:
- 🎙 My AWS.fm podcast episode with Adam Elmore and Dax Raad where we discuss serverless in startups and the future of app development
- Setting up developer AWS accounts for a new startup
- IaC is becoming table stakes for new cloud services
- Learning adjacent technologies
- Practise Continuous Integration to mitigate CloudFormation stack deployment pains
- I’m trying out Serverless Stack/SST
- Event-driven architecture is not a must-have to get started building with serverless
- Where to find serverless developers online
- Why are so few funded startups using serverless?
- Moving from one to two developers on your AWS serverless project
- Quantifying the cost of introducing extra moving parts into your serverless architecture
- Use Continuous Deployment as an accelerator to learning serverless
- How to prevent concurrent deployments of serverless stacks in GitHub Actions
If you’d like to receive these emails whenever I send them and are not already subscribed to my daily newsletter, click here to opt in.
Thanks for reading,
P.S. If you’re a startup or small team thinking about or already building a serverless app on AWS, I have some availability over the summer to work with you. How I can help:
- Serverless adoption considerations
- Architecture design workshop
- DevOps setup: AWS multi-acct org, CD pipelines
- Bootstrapping development in an initial feature sprint
- Resolving issues in existing system or team delivery processes
- Ad-hoc dev team coaching
More details on my services here. Just reply to this email if you’re interested and we can schedule a call.
Indie Cloud Consultant helping small teams learn and build with serverless.
Learn more how I can help you here.
Join daily email list
I publish short emails like this on building software with serverless on a daily-ish basis. They’re casual, easy to digest, and sometimes thought-provoking. If daily is too much, you can also join my less frequent newsletter to get updates on new longer-form articles.