I’ve published a few articles recently on the topic of communication patterns within serverless applications. It’s an area where serverless can really shine, but it also takes some time to get used to, especially for folks with less experience in working with distributed systems.
Jeremy Daly very kindly invited me onto the Serverless Chats podcast last week where we dived into this area in more detail. The episode just went live this morning.
He also recorded the video of our chat (thankfully before my home office was taken over by my eldest daughter!), so you can check it out on YouTube.
Here are the different links to the episode:
- Watch video on YouTube
- Apple Podcasts
- Spotify Podcasts
- Audio and full transcript on ServerlessChats.com
And here are the links to my articles that Jeremy and I discussed:
- Async all the things
- 7 ways to do async message processing in AWS
- Is it ok to call one Lambda function from another?
- Inter-service communication channels for serverless microservices in AWS
I hope you find our chat useful.
Other articles you might enjoy:
Free Email Course
How to transition your team to a serverless-first mindset
In this 5-day email course, you’ll learn:
- Lesson 1: Why serverless is inevitable
- Lesson 2: How to identify a candidate project for your first serverless application
- Lesson 3: How to compose the building blocks that AWS provides
- Lesson 4: Common mistakes to avoid when building your first serverless application
- Lesson 5: How to break ground on your first serverless project