Specific points of discussion included:
- Mindset changes for developers testing with serverless
- Ambiguous definitions of unit and integration tests
- Local vs cloudside testing
- Techniques for testing async services like EventBridge
- Seeding data for your tests
- Challenges with testing Step Functions state machines
- When to use mocking and when to avoid it
Here are the links to listen to the episode in your podcast player (35 minutes):
Indie Cloud Consultant helping small teams learn and build with serverless.
Learn more how I can help you here.
Join daily email list
I publish short emails like this on building software with serverless on a daily-ish basis. They’re casual, easy to digest, and sometimes thought-provoking. If daily is too much, you can also join my less frequent newsletter to get updates on new longer-form articles.