Talking testing with Yan Cui [podcast]
Last week I had the pleasure of chatting with Yan Cui on his Real World Serverless podcast and the episode has just gone live. Our main theme was testing serverless apps.
Specific points of discussion included:
- Mindset changes for developers testing with serverless
- Ambiguous definitions of unit and integration tests
- Local vs cloudside testing
- Techniques for testing async services like EventBridge
- Seeding data for your tests
- Challenges with testing Step Functions state machines
- When to use mocking and when to avoid it
Here are the links to listen to the episode in your podcast player (35 minutes):
Indie Cloud Consultant helping small teams learn and build with serverless.
Learn more how I can help you here.
Join daily email list
I publish short emails like this on building software with serverless on a daily-ish basis. They’re casual, easy to digest, and sometimes thought-provoking. If daily is too much, you can also join my less frequent newsletter to get updates on new longer-form articles.